Terry Real believes that our goal as therapists should be more than just helping couples through the crisis, but for therapists to skillfully use the pain and disequilibrium of infidelity as a spring board for transformational change – change for each of the two partners, and for the relationship itself. ‘Working with Infidelity In Couples Therapy’ is a CD Set version of a Teleclass Course for professionals taught by Terry Real. The set contains four, one-hour classes, each on a separate compact disc and covers the following topics:
- The first question: What kind of infidelity and why?
- To what degree is it primarily the involved partner’s character issues?
- To what degree is it primarily a reaction to the relationship?
- What about sex addiction?
- The goals of treatment – changing the relationship by changing the character of the partners within it.
- The therapeutic use of self – holding the disparate parts.
- Types of infidelities.
- Different reasons for infidelity.
- The very different experience and interactions of the key players.
- How to diagnose the relationship itself.
- The healing process/levels of healing.
- Critical elements of rebuilding.