This is an advanced training for RLT clinicians who have completed our Level 1 and Level 2 trainings. In this 2-day course, Terry will guide participants through a combination of lecture, video, presentation, discussion, role plays, large group work, and small group exercises, in order to ground theory in practice.
HOURS: Training runs from 10am to 5pm both days.
- Monday & Tuesday, May 7 & 8, 2018 – at The Jewish Community Center, 3200 Community Center St., San Francisco, CA 94118
- Friday & Saturday, November 2 & 3, 2018 – at University Settlement at The Houston Street Center, 273 Bowery, New York, NY 10002
During this course, you will have a chance to observe and then practice the more advanced techniques of RLT as well as drilling down into the nuts and bolts of how to empower the latent and, most importantly, reconnect the blatant. We will focus on the art of therapeutic coaching and mentoring clients into relationality.
Participants will learn nine different therapeutic uses of self:
- Joining through the truth
- Sharing from one’s person-hood
- Taking a fixed position
- Using skill transference
- Constructing empowering reframes
- Blocking and repositioning
These 9 therapeutic stances will be illustrated with video clips and participants will learn the nuances of these stances through role play and small group exercises.
This training has been designed for the helping professional to achieve a more advanced level of competency in the clinical practice of RLT.
You will learn:
- Ways to increase your skill in working with family of origin issues
- How to integrate Attachment Theory into RLT
- To identify and work on your “edges” as an RLT therapist
(CANCEL POLICY: $100 is non-refundable however you may move to another training or workshop with no penalty. 75% refund 2+ weeks prior to event; 50% refund 2 weeks prior to event and NO REFUNDS within 10 days of event).