Relationship Boot Camp (aka The Essential Skills Workshop)
Experience first hand why Terry Real is making waves for delivering a no-nonsense, practical and transformative relationship skill-building experience. In this 2 day workshop Terry uses a combination of lecture, role-play, small group exercises and personal work to help participants learn to attain the relationships they want in their lives. Several thousand people have experienced some version of Terry’s “Relationship Boot Camp” and most would agree that the workshop’s lessons of living relationally are extraordinarily effective and results are quickly evident. This workshop is ideal for both individuals and couples.
All participants will learn how to:
- Be connected and protected in relationships
- Use the Five Losing Strategies™
- Practice the Five Winning Strategies™
- Develop healthy listening and responding skills
- Identify where they get stuck the most with their (current or past) partner and learn new ways of getting unstuck
Therapists who attend will learn:
- The skills necessary to teach couples how to assess losing strategies and how to move to the winning strategies
- How to teach the practice of self esteem and to use protective/containing boundaries to be connected and protected in relationships
- How to give women the tools of relational empowerment and men the tools of relational reawakening, so that women can be lovingly assertive and men can learn to open up and show up.
- PLEASE NOTE: Therapists come to participate in this workshop to learn first hand the tools and techniques you will ultimately teach your own clients. There is no “observation” for therapists at this workshop, everyone is a participant. Come either on your own or with a partner.
Terry speaks about the Relationship Boot Camp Workshop, and how it can help participants transform their relationships, in this short video.
“After completing the Skills Workshop, we went home and spent an evening relaying everything we could recall with some dear friends. To this day – two years later – they still maintain that sharing our experience with them literally saved their marriage.”Lyn and David L.
“For therapists doing couples work, the Boot Camp is a great chance to see a compilation/distillation of RLT skills in action, plus a great way to do your own relational work. That last part was valuable beyond measure and has shaped my work as a therapist and partner in powerful ways.”Sarah P.
“Terry Real’s Boot Camp was life-changing for me and my husband. We’ve been together 30+ years so it’d be fair to wonder what would we possibly have to work on. My love-avoidant, grandiose man said this shifted our relationship to a deeper, more loving level; his love-dependent, grandiose wife agrees. The Boot Camp weekend opened up new ways to talk, to see ourselves and to love each other.”Sarah P.