FRIDAY, April 17, 2015 at UMN Continuing Ed Center, 1890 Buford Ave., St. Paul, MN
Two of the world’s most forward thinkers on sexuality and relationships join together to offer you an exciting day exploring clinical perspectives and interventions for the really tough situations of couples struggling with intimacy, desire, affairs and even divorce.
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN TO:
- Design creative interventions to unlock erotic blocks stemming from shame, fear, guilt and trauma.
- Help couples negotiate their sexual styles, and take emotional risks to open up sexual communication about boundaries, fidelity and monogamy.
- Rebalance power differentials in the couple.
- Work with issues of both shame and grandiosity.
- Work with trauma in the context of the relationship
- Discover the motivations behind affairs and their possible meanings in different relationships, both heterosexual and gay.
- Create a safe and non-judgmental therapeutic environment to work with secrets, confidentiality, transparency and truth telling.